Keane
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile     SURF SAFE Do you know how to surf safely? Click here for our guide
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Keane Forum Index -> Keane Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim
Band Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: the darkness etc Reply with quote

i'm afraid this is just a tabloid trying to get a bit of scandal going, and talk of any rivalry between us and the darkness is just utter bollocks so i suggest you guys ignore it. they're one of the most entertaining bands to emerge for years, and their current popularity is a testament to that. and anything that gets people out to see gigs is good news. we also have a lot of respect and sympathy for the band because, like us, they had to spend years and years working and waiting before anyone paid them any attention. however i think it's pretty apparent that we're into completely different styles of music from them (apart from, is suspect, a shared love of early queen!), and so it's hardly suprising that tom should say that those songs don't move him as much as some other music does. anyone who says they adore every single band out there is blatantly lying. and as for the future, it goes without saying that any band has to develop and change if they're going to stay relevant and keep suprising people....and at the moment the darkness' appeal is so rooted in a particular style that it's hard to guess where they'll go next. but it was hard to guess how u2 would develop after the joshua tree, and they came back with achtung baby. and personally i hope for the sake of the music scene as a whole that the darkness do stick around, because we need bands like that just as much we need keane or dr dre or norah jones or slipknot or aphex twin. it's a shame some people struggle to appreciate the grey areas between loving a band and hating them, but i guess that sort of possessiveness and agression has long been a part of music fandom. frankly i think there's enough aggression in the world just now without bands (and their fans) turning on each other. and, as we've said in many interviews, we're very proud of the fact that keane fans don't subscribe to that attitude. anyway that's what i think, and as far as we as a band are concerned that's the end of it. love from tim
Gemma

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: the darkness etc Reply with quote

tim wrote:
i'm afraid this is just a tabloid trying to get a bit of scandal going, and talk of any rivalry between us and the darkness is just utter bollocks so i suggest you guys ignore it. they're one of the most entertaining bands to emerge for years, and their current popularity is a testament to that. and anything that gets people out to see gigs is good news. we also have a lot of respect and sympathy for the band because, like us, they had to spend years and years working and waiting before anyone paid them any attention. however i think it's pretty apparent that we're into completely different styles of music from them (apart from, is suspect, a shared love of early queen!), and so it's hardly suprising that tom should say that those songs don't move him as much as some other music does. anyone who says they adore every single band out there is blatantly lying. and as for the future, it goes without saying that any band has to develop and change if they're going to stay relevant and keep suprising people....and at the moment the darkness' appeal is so rooted in a particular style that it's hard to guess where they'll go next. but it was hard to guess how u2 would develop after the joshua tree, and they came back with achtung baby. and personally i hope for the sake of the music scene as a whole that the darkness do stick around, because we need bands like that just as much we need keane or dr dre or norah jones or slipknot or aphex twin. it's a shame some people struggle to appreciate the grey areas between loving a band and hating them, but i guess that sort of possessiveness and agression has long been a part of music fandom. frankly i think there's enough aggression in the world just now without bands (and their fans) turning on each other. and, as we've said in many interviews, we're very proud of the fact that keane fans don't subscribe to that attitude. anyway that's what i think, and as far as we as a band are concerned that's the end of it. love from tim
Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_clap Go Tim.
Looby Lou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said Tim icon_yes
alberto2004

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looby Lou wrote:
well said Tim icon_yes

well said Lobby Lou Very Happy
skintandminted22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!!!! Wahey!!!!!!!!! Go Tim!! lol!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sh*t, well I'm stuck in both worlds aren't I, not only am I avid fan of Keane, I'm also a fan of The Darkness.

But I'm not like for example, Oh my God, Tom hates The Darkness, I love them but now that Tom hates them I must start hating them too, if you get my drift.

Everyone has their own unique taste and I know I have mine.
Rheebles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Oh sh*t, well I'm stuck in both worlds aren't I, not only am I avid fan of Keane, I'm also a fan of The Darkness.

But I'm not like for example, Oh my God, Tom hates The Darkness, I love them but now that Tom hates them I must start hating them too, if you get my drift.

Everyone has their own unique taste and I know I have mine.

Sorry, that was me.
U2QueenBee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Mr. Nice-Foxy! icon_clap

Also, dangit man, get back into your designated forum! Is there nowhere for me to post my rambling groupie idiocy that's safe from your prying eyes?? icon_omfg icon_no Wink Don't make me threaten you with another kiss on the nose! Laughing

My shame gland will kick in eventually, I'm...pretty sure. Probably. Maybe. Ish.
celia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Tim perfectly put there - I bet this darkness fan didn't expect to actually get a reply from someone from Keane Laughing
simple thing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2QueenBee wrote:
Also, dangit man, get back into your designated forum! Is there nowhere for me to post my rambling groupie idiocy that's safe from your prying eyes??

Hee hee, I thought of you when I noticed Tim had ventured into this thread Razz

Rheebles wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, that was me.

I really don't anyone here will have a go at you because you like The Darkness - unless you go round posting that The Darkness are awesome and Keane are s**t! The only reason I called the author of this thread a monkey was due to the tone of his post, not because of who he likes to listen to (she?).
livapool lass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: the darkness etc Reply with quote

tim wrote:

go, Tim!!

i knew there was a reason why we all love him!!

but like Ann said, is there nowhere that we mental fan girls can be, well, mental without them seeing?? we need a place where we weird ones can declare undying love for the band!! i think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
livapool lass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: the darkness etc Reply with quote

tim wrote:

go, Tim!!

but like Ann said, is there nowhere that we mental fan girls can be, well, mental without them seeing?? we need a place where we weird ones can declare undying love for the band!! i think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
livapool lass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: the darkness etc Reply with quote

tim wrote:

go, Tim!!

rubber_soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have only just found this thread!
First of all, Tim is right. The Darkness are good for the music world and itís obvious that this tabloid pullout are trying to create a bit of gossip.

I must say, I do have a bit of a bother with Justin Hawkins. It just seems to me that he plays himself to be very up himself and arrogant, purely for the cameras. He was on Radio 2 a couple of days ago doing an interview and there was none of the cockiness that he seems to have when interviewed by the likes of the NME etc. Like when they won a couple at the Brits... he said something along the lines of "we deserve it", with no sort of thanks and its things like this that give the Darkness their "novelty" status! Like itís all a joke or part of the act!

Like others have said, itís personal choice and taste. No one has the right to judge whatís good or bad.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Keane Forum Index -> Keane Chatter All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: