Keane
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile     SURF SAFE Do you know how to surf safely? Click here for our guide
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So we walked through Mansers Shaw
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Keane Forum Index -> Keane Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oneofthethree

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: So we walked through Mansers Shaw Reply with quote

On Sunday Martin and I travelled back from Eastbourne. As is usual on Sunday, there's engineering works on the line so we were diverted via Hastings which meant we would travel through Battle. Given one of my rules about travelling to see gigs is that I go and see places of interest, we decided to hop off at Battle for a couple of hours, have a look around and find Manser's Shaw and then get back on a later train.

On arriving, we tried to find someone who could tell us where Manser's Shaw was. Armed with a description from friends and family of the band we set off in hope to the tourist information centre at the Abbey where noone had heard of it. Undaunted we found a knight from the Abbey and he pointed us down a path. We followed it to no avail and noone we stopped knew where it was. We found a couple of areas we thought might be it, but no sign to prove it. At this point we set off back and went a slightly different route. Bad idea. It was like a mudbath and we kept finding barbed wire fences. Caked in mud at ankle level we both nearly fell, but were finally rewarded when through the mud we found a sign. Ironically we were only just to the side of the path we'd walked along originally.

We took a few photos which I've enclosed. I can imagine Manser's Shaw is lovely when it's dry but it was almost unpassable and probably dangerous when we were there.

For those who end up in Battle for whatever reason, the directions are relatively simple. Find the Abbey and then go down the road to the car park, over the first bar gate onto the path, just after the second gate, there's a stile on the right, climb over this and you're in Manser's Shaw. The sign is actually on the right and you have to go over the stream to get to it.

www.oneofthethree.co.uk

Last edited by oneofthethree on Wed May 12, 2004 10:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fran-dly

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats so cool.... Cool

did you enjoy your little pilgrimage...?... Laughing
oneofthethree

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We ended up caked in mud, my shoes haven't recovered properly yet. And I can't believe noone knew where it was.

www.oneofthethree.co.uk
Fran-dly

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks very Keanish... Laughing

now we finally know where sowk was filmed... Very Happy

(i know it wasn't filmed there but i think it looks that way..Rolling Eyes)
rubber_soul

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow it does look similar to the SOWK vid (which im sure was the intention) Very Happy
bettiss

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when im back in eastbourne for the summer, im going to have to go and search for it, tho hopefulyl load sof people dont go down there and spoil it, maybe one day itll beocme a tourist attraction Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GraysofNW8

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: by the cows Reply with quote

Great work from the hardcore ... but this wasn't of course where the video was filmed .... that was in Hellingly

CR
1/3 of Suggestive Leg

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Ockwells Park with less dog ****.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message for oneinthree: You might want to check out the interview with Keane on 6Music (from Monday...) Tom Chaplin mentions a 'fan' who went on a pilgrimage to Mansers Shaw.......Is it you????!!
U2QueenBee

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh we must all have a boardie pilgrimage to Battle/Manser's Shaw/other points of Keane interest over the summer sometime, would be fun! We can all go stare at Tom's barber until we give him the heebiejeebies! Laughing (Only joking about the last part!)
Kal

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahhaha! as long as they don't take an injunction out!
U2QueenBee

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they haven't got one on me by now I think we're pretty safe! Wink Laughing
ChrisFlynn

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:
Message for oneinthree: You might want to check out the interview with Keane on 6Music (from Monday...) Tom Chaplin mentions a 'fan' who went on a pilgrimage to Mansers Shaw.......Is it you????!!

Yeah, it was Smile

Mind if I add a link to this topic from the FAQ Dave?

Have you heard Beyond The Iron Sea?
Subscribe now on iTunes or listen at beyondtheironsea.com
MCGlentworth

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As many of you know I was the Martin that went on this pilgrimage with Dave. Well worthwhile, despite the mud (we really should have auctioned the mud scrapings off our shoes - genuine mud from Manser's Shaw'!)
Plus it was nice to have a walk around Battle and see Mrs Yarringtons and take note of a certain doctor's surgery.
All in all part of a great Keane weekend with, as Dave has said, it being so lovely to have met - and got on with - so many people from different age groups and walks of life.
www.mesh29.com/facebook
Jen84

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! glad u posted ur pics up. looks soo lovely and peaceful there. i will take a picnic in the summer Very Happy

yeah it was nice meetin everyone and hearing the mansers shaw story first hand Very Happy wish id had more time to chat didnt get to spk to u all. im gutted bout the aftershow party Crying or Very sad still was a great day and lookin forward to next time.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Keane Forum Index -> Keane Chatter All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: