Keane
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile     SURF SAFE Do you know how to surf safely? Click here for our guide
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Tim Married????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Keane Forum Index -> Keane Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TTRMassiveFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep it was, i hear from my mate and from the prof aswell.

"I'm covered in Bees" Eddie Izzard
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
superradcliff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww man, I'm so glad he tied the knot!!! I'm quite jealous of the lucky lady Smile Congratulations Tim!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
openbook

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His record company or management may have strongly suggested he keep it on the down-low. I worked for BMG a few years back and I know that this actually happens in the industry, even with just girlfriends.
Hot Burrito

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

openbook wrote:
His record company or management may have strongly suggested he keep it on the down-low. I worked for BMG a few years back and I know that this actually happens in the industry, even with just girlfriends.

With boybands, yes. But this is Keane. I don't see that happening.
Garry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot Burrito wrote:
openbook wrote:

Hate to disagree with you Emma, but I can see a lot of people around the band telling Tim to keep it as quiet as possible. I think it's part of the Keane ethos to keep private lives private anyway but I would be very surprised if Island hadn't told Adam to give Tim a nudge about staying hushed about it. And since Keane do have a public image company they will have definitely got involved too. That's what they're there for.

Keane were a great, natural, three piece from a small backwater in East Sussex but, unfortunately they've become corporate. They've just done it very well and transparently.
Hot Burrito

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garry wrote:
Hot Burrito wrote:
openbook wrote:

Hate to disagree with you Emma, but I can see a lot of people around the band telling Tim to keep it as quiet as possible. I think it's part of the Keane ethos to keep private lives private anyway but I would be very surprised if Island hadn't told Adam to give Tim a nudge about staying hushed about it. And since Keane do have a public image company they will have definitely got involved too. That's what they're there for.

Keane were a great, natural, three piece from a small backwater in East Sussex but, unfortunately they've become corporate. They've just done it very well and transparently.

I still disagree. I just think Tim is a private person and was probably eager to keep it low key. I understand about the public image company having a say on certain matters... but... this is something entirely different. I don't think any of the band would let someone have a say on something as important as a wedding? I thought they had a huge say and wanted to be involved in major decisions?
I just think it was down to personal choice rather than pressure from elsewhere.
Garry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot Burrito wrote:
Garry wrote:
Hot Burrito wrote:
openbook wrote:

I still disagree. I just think Tim is a private person and was probably eager to keep it low key. I understand about the public image company having a say on certain matters... but... this is something entirely different. I don't think any of the band would let someone have a say on something as important as a wedding? I thought they had a huge say and wanted to be involved in major decisions?
I just think it was down to personal choice rather than pressure from elsewhere.

As I said, Keane would probably keep it quiet anyway. We know how shady Tom is over his girlfriend so I would guess that Moving Brands/Island got no complaints from Tim when they asked him to keep it quiet. Unfortunately (and I know *you* know this already) being signed to Universal or EMI or any of the other major labels is completely different to being on Fierce Panda or another indie label. The major labels will have a say in almost everything their bands say and do (publicly of course) and Tim's marriage certainly won't be an exception.

I think Franz Ferdinand showed that when they released their album on Domino. Some of the things they've been allowed to say and do really do reflect the advantages of remaining indepedent. Although I expect their deal with Epic will change that. But really - I know Keane are an agreeable bunch of guys - but have you ever heard them say or known them do anything even remotely contraversial? I don't think that's a coincidence. Smile
Yessi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might have been both! That doesnt matter now, whats done is done.
Hot Burrito

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to reply properly but I don't think Tim's nuptuals should result in a debate!
Garry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot Burrito wrote:
I'd like to reply properly but I don't think Tim's nuptuals should result in a debate!

I agree. And I'd also like to apologise to Tim if I am wrong in any way. I know the band have either read, or will read, this thread at some point. Smile
hevavc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't expect they will be very public about his private life but i expect one of them will clear up the speculations soon. Anything as big as this usually gets a reply from a band member even if it is just to dispel or confirm rumours. That wouldn't be a major publicity leak just to say Yes its true or no it isn't, would it?
ChrisFlynn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The major labels will have a say in almost everything their bands say and do (publicly of course)

Disagree completely, with regards to Island. Keane get to chose a heck of a lot really compared to some other bands.

I'm sure Tim's capable of making his own decisions - and I presume he still keeps contact with Mr Chris Martin should he need advice... Razz

Have you heard Beyond The Iron Sea?
Subscribe now on iTunes or listen at beyondtheironsea.com
tim
Band Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope you guys appreciate the reasons for keeping all this quiet. sadly not everyone who comes on the board is as well-meaning as you proper boardies...for example, lots of press people seem to use the board as a source of info. even despite our best efforts we had a couple of reporters sneaking around on the day, which is far from ideal as you can imagine. so that is the reason for the secrecy. thanks so much for all your good wishes.

incidentally, no one from island, interscope or anyone else has ever attempted to have any say in anything to do with our personal lives. in fact they have very little say in anything we do beyond promotion-type stuff, which in a way is what makes them two of the best record labels in the world, indie or otherwise. (we have no public image company - movingbrands is a graphic design company who, along with their friend alex lake, have been involved with our artwork for several years.)

listening to soaps and beers (again) at this very moment. will attempt to give some feedback soon....sorry for the delay!

love from tim
Symphony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations Very Happy

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
ğ Andrea
Keane, Coldplay, My Chemical Romance, Eisley <3

http://www.deadora.net/youreyesopen/
http://www.deadora.net/walnuttree/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hot Burrito

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim wrote:
i hope you guys appreciate the reasons for keeping all this quiet. sadly not everyone who comes on the board is as well-meaning as you proper boardies...for example, lots of press people seem to use the board as a source of info. even despite our best efforts we had a couple of reporters sneaking around on the day, which is far from ideal as you can imagine. so that is the reason for the secrecy. thanks so much for all your good wishes.

incidentally, no one from island, interscope or anyone else has ever attempted to have any say in anything to do with our personal lives. in fact they have very little say in anything we do beyond promotion-type stuff, which in a way is what makes them two of the best record labels in the world, indie or otherwise. (we have no public image company - movingbrands is a graphic design company who, along with their friend alex lake, have been involved with our artwork for several years.)

listening to soaps and beers (again) at this very moment. will attempt to give some feedback soon....sorry for the delay!

love from tim

Of course we understand your reasons! I am sure most of us respect your right to privacy on such an important day.
Thanks for coming on and sharing this with us. I hope you had a lovely day... Many congratulations! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Keane Forum Index -> Keane Chatter All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: