Keane
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile     SURF SAFE Do you know how to surf safely? Click here for our guide
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rice-Oxley: "The Libertines are middle-class liars"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorieena

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Avenida completely. This sounds like a badly-written tabloid story. What Tim said is actually quite true. I mean, the press and the Libertines' marketing machine (which I'll bet about every sucessful band has in some form or another) wouldn't be able to sell them off as cute little nice guys who are soft spoken and harmless to normal citizens. You have to be hardcore, drunk, drugged-up awesome rock-and-rollers! Maybe not to that extent, but you know what I mean.

But Tim.... Tim fuming? I don't really see that happening either, although I'm sure he's done it in the past, like all the rest of us. But the headline does not fit with the story. It's a crap piece of journalism.

"The one on the front row who was singing along to everything" - Richard
TheShiningOne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim knows as well as anyone that it costs nothing and takes no special talent to be polite, so there's no reson why Carl and co shouldn't be. Complete bollocks. Pich of salt. Now, if only we could tell that to the members of the Libertines forum...
livapool lass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, oh why do they never tire of tirring shite with Keane?? It's like what happened with The Darkness, isn't it?? Tom just said that he didn't like the band, and all of a sudden, he's 'taking swpies at them in the press'. Tim's obviously just said that they aren't mental d*ckheads on a permanent crack high, and they are decently nice people... Poor Tim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Genevieve!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2QueenBee wrote:
Wh-at?? I knew they've hung out with the Libertines but I never heard anything about Tim being 'furious' - is this another attempt to start up some kind of fictitious rivalry? Confused It's hard to picture Tim 'fuming' about anything like that as they say...it's a bit hard to picture Tim fuming about anything, even when he's annoyed he's so calm. How strange...I wonder what the source is, and if this is taken out of context.

agrees and I think the press has the bad habit to change what the artists are really saying about others bands Mad

anyways...thats what I think.
Garry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even picture Tim using such bad grammar as "Me and Tom."

Last edited by Garry on Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
livapool lass

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GarryUK wrote:
I can't even picture Tim using such bad grammer as "Me and Tom."

Good point. They all speak properly. It's so... Keane. It'd be odd if all of a sudden they didn't.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShiningOne wrote:
if only we could tell that to the members of the Libertines forum...

Fat chance, Lets face it regardless of what tim has or hasn't said The Libertines Forum members hate Keane (well at least 97% of them do) and they'll jump all over any Keane/libertines related Info as quick as a flash and Call tim every profanity available.
The Whole article is a load of crap anyway, It was a case of "We have nothing better to write about...What bands shall we say have waged war?..Keane are big...Keane and...Ooh the Libertines!..that'll work!"
jimjam218

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Moi - I got carried away with myself and forgot to log in first.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused I think it may have been taken out of context.

xMx
lovelovelove

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you silly media you! Always making things into some big fiasco! Tut tut! Razz
timfromtheband

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to point out that this is indeed a badly written tabloid story, featuring a variety of inaccurate, out-of-context, misattributed and fictitious quotes. i've never met any of the libertines and i would never call them 'middle-class liars'. please ignore this bullshit story and tell any libertines fans you know to do the same! merry christmas all. tim
Avenida

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas to you too, Tim.

I still wonder why the press always feels the urge to make up stories like that. Do they really sell more copies of their magazines?
TTRMassiveFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timfromtheband wrote:
i would like to point out that this is indeed a badly written tabloid story, featuring a variety of inaccurate, out-of-context, misattributed and fictitious quotes. i've never met any of the libertines and i would never call them 'middle-class liars'. please ignore this bullshit story and tell any libertines fans you know to do the same! merry christmas all. tim

Merry christmas tim, WOOOOOOOO tim has been on today and maybe still is on, I did not think you would of said tim, i believed you all alone..
Oh tim did you get my little something for you all.

"I'm covered in Bees" Eddie Izzard
U2QueenBee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timfromtheband wrote:

Heh...sounds like he's 'fuming' a bit now! Razz Whoever wrote that story needs a good trouting.
xMariax

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*has just stolen Ann's trouting smiley*

xMx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keane Forum Index -> Keane News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: